Once you enter the captivating city of dreams, you'll find yourself irresistibly drawn to its finest offerings. Whether it's the elegant hotels that beautify Dubai or the world-renowned artificial beaches, pursuing the best experiences here is never-ending. For some inspirational healthy dinner ideas, Delicut is there for a balanced and satisfying meal.
Dubai - A celebration of culture, cuisine, and attractions. A must-visit destination! A fusion of Lebanese, Arabic, and Iranian influences, Dubai's culinary art is an aromatic harmony that delights the senses. For healthy dinner ideas, Whip up a refreshing salad with mixed greens, grilled chicken, and various colourful veggies for a light yet fulfilling meal with Delicut.
Let's acknowledge the undeniable truth: food is one of life's greatest pleasures. And in the realm of culinary art, Dubai reigns supreme. Research into rich culinary traditions is an absolute must when visiting this city. We offer a tempting array of dishes from across the UAE that you must pay attention to.
Discover and enjoy with Delicut a collection of easy-to-make, wholesome and delicious healthy, tasty dinner recipes that will make eating well a breeze.
For non-vegetarian and vegetarian food lovers, here are some of the best Dubai dishes to savour. Get ready to indulge!
The traditional cuisine of UAE features a delicious stew crafted from succulent goat, chicken, or lamb. The roasted vegetables such as marrow, potatoes, pumpkins, and tomatoes accompany this delicious dish, served with the Emirati thin bread called Rigag. You can prepare this stew without the chicken if you prefer a vegetarian option.
2. Oozie - Ramadan Special
A popular dish commonly served during Ramadan and weddings in Dubai is a true delight for any food enthusiast. The chefs prepare this dish with chicken or stuff it into pockets, creating a unique culinary experience. The savoury flavours are sure to please! They prepare it with rice, and you can savour it with yogurt.
3. Al Machboos
Al Machboos, an incredible dish from Dubai, is a delightful blend of meat, onion, and rice infused with dried lemon, salt, and spices. Its zesty flavours are renowned, and despite its simple or sophisticated appearance, the heavenly taste transports you to a new world, especially when enjoyed with raita and salad.
Traditionally, the serving of Al Machboos is on a large platter, and all members partake in the shared experience of eating from the same platter using their hands.
Samosa's famous triangular deep-fried patty captivates taste buds with its flavorful fillings of vegetables, minced meat, and potatoes. Dubai typically stuffs this favourite Indian dish with meat, adding a slight variation to its traditional recipe. Dubai's cuisine showcases the influence of foods from various other countries, adding to its rich culinary tapestry.
Dubai boasts a famous dish, an iconic pizza crafted with Akkawi cheese and aromatic zaatar herbs and drizzled with olive oil. This delectable treat is readily available in renowned restaurants across the city, perfect for indulging in a delightful breakfast or experiencing Dubai's finest street food.
Loved by locals and tourists, this flatbread is a true culinary delight. Pair it with minced lamb and sweet jam for extra flavour, elevating your enjoyment to new heights.
6. Al Harees
Dubai presents a delightful dish combining meat, wheat, and a touch of salt. Regarded as the abstract of savoury delights during Ramadan, this mouth-watering delicacy requires hours of meticulous baking to achieve perfection. It is one of the finest dishes in Dubai Cuisine, often served with a sprinkle of sugar, powdered cinnamon, and a drizzle of butter, imparting an exotic flavour.
You can quickly discover this delectable dish in some of the finest restaurants across Dubai.
7. Stuffed Camel
Earning its place as one of the world's most significant foods and recognised by the Guinness World Records, this luxurious delicacy holds celebrity status in Dubai. Typically filled with a medley of spices, sheep, eggs, chicken, fish, and more, it cooks on a spit over an open flame.
Traditionally, it graces the tables on special occasions, Bedouin ceremonies, and various family events, adding a touch of grandeur to the festivities.
8. Iranian Sangak
An Iranian Fermented flatbread is on the list of any bread enthusiast. This bread, typically rectangular and crafted from whole wheat, is delightful. Those particularly favour gluten sensitivity since it is gluten-free, allowing everyone to savour its flavours. For health-conscious individuals, indulging in Iranian Sangak is guilt-free, making it a perfect choice.
9. Chelo Kebab
Chelo Kebab, a heavenly dish from Dubai, accompanies fragrant basmati rice and receives an enhancement with a pat of butter. Food enthusiasts celebrate this delicious non-vegetarian delight for its exceptional taste.
The melting kebabs reach new heights of flavour when accompanied by aromatic dill or tangy zereshk berries, transporting your taste buds to a whole new level of culinary delight.
With its incredible taste, this Middle Eastern sandwich has made its way to the UAE after a long journey. It is prepared from spiced lamb or chicken and undergoes a slow roast to ensure maximum flavour. While Shawarma can be found in Tokyo, New York City, Moscow, and Delhi, trying it in Dubai is necessary!
You can savour it with pickles, vegetables, garlic sauce, fries, and tomatoes, all wrapped in an Arabic roti. It stands as one of the finest culinary delights in Dubai, offering an unforgettable taste experience.
11. Camel Burger
In 2010, the camel burger gained popularity as a healthier alternative to traditional burgers, offering a delicious taste with lower fat content. Made from camel meat, which contains less cholesterol compared to beef, these burgers offer a healthier option. This delicacy, known for its delectable taste, can be found throughout the Middle Eastern Emirati region.
When you visit the finest restaurants in Dubai, be sure to order Mandi, a heavenly delight worth experiencing. This extraordinary dish combines meat and rice, and aromatic spices enhance its flavour. The lengthy cooking process is essential in creating the perfect aromatic blend.
Considered one of the most traditional dishes in Dubai, Mandi's excellent taste will leave you craving more.
Crafted from the exquisite combination of flavorful pistachios and fragrant rosewater, this refreshing pudding delivers a heavenly experience for the taste buds. The remarkable flavours transport you to an oasis in the desert, offering a delightful respite. This delectable dish is particularly cherished by children as a delightful after-dinner treat. For those with a sweet tooth, this is a must-try dessert.
These delightful deep-fried balls, made from fava beans or chickpeas, are a true indulgence. Enhance your dining experience by pairing them with bread and relishing the flavours of falafel. Since each restaurant has its unique recipe for making falafel, it is advisable to inquire about the ingredients before placing your order.
Falafel is a must-try Dubai food that every foodie should experience. For a heavenly taste, try it with pita bread and hummus.
Featuring an irresistible tahini sauce and a yogurt topping, this dish combines chickpeas and aubergines to create a delectable middle layer, while a base of bread soaked in stock adds depth of flavour. Pairing it with pine nuts and paprika adds the perfect touch. This flavorful dish is a staple in many of Dubai's top restaurants, guaranteeing a truly satisfying dining experience.
16. Baba Ganoush
Prepared with a blend of tomatoes, onions, olive oil, and smoked eggplant, Baba Ganoush is a unique vegetarian delight from Dubai that deserves the attention of every food enthusiast. This delicious dish satisfies the taste buds and is gut-friendly, making it an excellent choice for an appetiser.
If you have yet to come across Baba Ganoush on the menu of the Dubai restaurants you have visited thus far, seek the assistance of locals to discover the best places to find this culinary gem.
17. Kousa Mahshi
As one of the classic dishes from Dubai, this main course delight holds a special place in Dubai's culinary repertoire. Zucchini stuffed with rice offers a mouthwatering taste that garners rave reviews. This vegetarian speciality has earned its spot as a beloved "Dubai special food," adored by food enthusiasts worldwide for its impeccable flavours.
Indulge in Kousa Mahshi alongside Lebanese wine to savour a delicious meal. It's an experience not to be missed.
Served in many of Dubai's finest restaurants, this enticing dish resembles Khichdi. Offered in vegetarian and non-vegetarian variations, it is a beloved choice in the United Arab Emirates, known for its gentle impact on digestion. Adding garlic, tomatoes, and onions elevates the flavours, rendering this dish exceptionally delicious.
If you are fond of cheese, it's time to treat yourself. Indulge in this grilled charcoal dish, a bread stuffed with halloumi cheese; People highly seek this delectable finger food to satisfy their evening cravings. Served with a sprinkle of powdered sugar, this hot delight ranks among the top-rated dishes in Dubai, perfect for appeasing your hunger pangs.
Fattoush is one of Dubai's most popular dishes for health-conscious individuals seeking a guilt-free indulgence. This Levantine bread salad incorporates fried pita bread, adding a delightful crunch. Fattoush has earned its place as a beloved cuisine in Dubai, cherished by many Asians.
As a perfect accompaniment to this tasty delight from Dubai, a tangy lemon dressing drizzled over mixed greens enhances the flavours and serves as an excellent side dish.
Dubai is renowned for its innovative architecture, vibrant nightlife, and incredible culinary experiences. When you visit Dubai, be sure to not only immerse yourself in its stunning landscapes but also indulge in the flavours of its traditional and mouthwatering delights.
Explore a world of healthy dinner recipes, from hearty soups to flavorful roasted vegetables, to nourish your body and satisfy your taste buds with Delicut.
1. What are some nutritious and easy-to-prepare dinner ideas?
Some nutritious and easy-to-prepare dinner ideas include grilled chicken or fish with steamed vegetables, a stir-fry with tofu or lean meat and a variety of colourful veggies, a hearty salad with mixed greens, protein, and a variety of toppings, and a baked sweet potato with toppings like black beans, salsa, and avocado.
2. Can you suggest some healthy alternatives to traditional dinner recipes?
Here are some healthy alternatives to traditional dinner recipes:
- Swap regular pasta for whole wheat or zucchini noodles.
- Replace white rice with quinoa or cauliflower rice.
- Use Greek yogurt or mashed avocado as a healthier alternative to mayonnaise in dressings or sauces.
- Incorporate more vegetables into your dishes by adding them as toppings or substituting them for higher-calorie ingredients.
- Experiment with herbs, spices, and citrus juices to add flavour instead of relying on excessive salt or butter.
These alternatives can help make your dinner recipes healthier without sacrificing taste.
3. What are some tips for making a well-balanced and healthy dinner?
Here are some tips for creating a well-balanced and healthy dinner:
- Include a variety of food groups: Incorporate protein (such as lean meats, fish, tofu, or beans), whole grains (like brown rice or quinoa), and plenty of vegetables.
- Portion control: Be mindful of portion sizes to maintain a healthy balance.
- Prioritise vegetables: Fill half your plate with colourful vegetables to boost nutrition and fibre content.
- Limit added sugars and salt: Opt for natural flavours from herbs, spices, and citrus juices.
- Choose healthy cooking methods: Grill, bake, or steam your food instead of frying.
- Use healthy fats: Include sources of healthy fats like avocado, olive oil, or nuts.
- Hydrate wisely: Drink water or unsweetened beverages instead of sugary drinks.
- Minimise processed foods: Focus on fresh, whole ingredients instead of heavily processed foods.
- Plan: Plan your meals to ensure you have balanced options available.
- Listen to your body: Eat until you are satisfied, not overly full.
These tips can create a well-balanced and nourishing dinner to support your overall health
4. How can I incorporate more vegetables into my dinner meals?
Here are some ways to incorporate more vegetables into your dinner meals:
- Mix them in stir-fries: Add a variety of vegetables like bell peppers, broccoli, carrots, and mushrooms to your stir-fries for added texture and flavour.
- Make veggie-loaded pasta dishes: Toss vegetables like zucchini, spinach, cherry tomatoes, or roasted peppers into your pasta dishes.
- Prepare vegetable-based sauces: Puree vegetables like cauliflower or butternut squash to create creamy and nutritious pasta sauces.
- Opt for veggie noodles: Substitute traditional pasta with zucchini noodles (zoodles) or use spiralised carrots or sweet potatoes for a healthier twist.
- Create colourful salads: Make vibrant salads using a mix of leafy greens, cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, grated carrots, beets, and other veggies you enjoy.
- Stuff vegetables: Hollow out vegetables like bell peppers, zucchini, or eggplant, and stuff them with a flavorful filling made of rice, quinoa, or lean protein.
- Roast or grill veggies: Roast or grill vegetables like cauliflower, asparagus, Brussels sprouts, or sweet potatoes with a drizzle of olive oil and your choice of seasonings.
- Make veggie-packed wraps or sandwiches: Fill wraps or sandwiches with fresh vegetables like lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, and sprouts.
These ideas can help you increase your vegetable intake and make your dinner meals more nutritious and flavorful.
5. What are some healthy protein options for a satisfying dinner?
Here are some healthy protein options for a satisfying dinner:
- Grilled chicken breast
- Salmon or other fatty fish
- Tofu or tempeh
- Lean cuts of beef or pork
- Beans and legumes, such as lentils or chickpeas
- Quinoa or other whole grains
- Greek yogurt or cottage cheese
- Eggs or egg whites
- Edamame or other soy products
- Nuts and seeds, such as almonds or chia seeds
You can incorporate these protein options into various dinner recipes to create a satisfying and nutritious meal.