Low Carb Meals That Will Help You Follow A Healthy Lifestyle
We have all heard the health-obsessed individuals talk about the famous ‘low-carb diet. And we have secretly wondered what exactly is a low-carb diet. Some of us also got intimidated by the ‘low carb’ recipes and dropped the idea then and there!
After meticulous research, I have come to the conclusion that a low-carb diet does not require a wide range of ingredients, nor does it compel you to invest half of the day in the kitchen. But before we jump to simple yet delicious low-carb meals, let me explain why it is important to adapt low-carb meals to your diet.
A low-carb diet limits carbohydrates — such as those found in grains, starchy vegetables, and fruit — and emphasizes foods high in protein and fat. Many types of low-carb diets exist. Each diet has varying restrictions on the types and amounts of carbohydrates you can eat.
Low-carb meals are generally advised for weight loss. Some low-carb diets may have health benefits beyond weight loss, such as reducing your risk of type 2 diabetes and metabolic syndrome.
Low-carbohydrate diets that emphasize healthy carbohydrate, fat, and protein sources improve overall well-being. In fact, practically any diet that helps you lose weight can temporarily improve blood sugar and cholesterol levels.
Grain, legumes, fruits, bread, sweets, pasta, and starchy vegetables, as well as nuts and seeds, are often cut down in low-carb meals. Some low-carb diet programs, on the other hand, allow for small portions of fruits, vegetables, and entire grains.
So here are the best low-carb recipes that you can embrace for healthy well-being.
The Egg Scramble
Eggs are an important part of any low-carb diet because they are one of the most nutritious meals available. They're high in nutrients that help the brain and eyes, and they have nearly no carbs. Many things can be added to your low-carb diet plan to make it more enjoyable.
- 1 tbs oil,
- Approximately 1 cup of your favored veggies, fresh or frozen (I personally prefer finely chopped - bell-peppers)
- 2 whisked eggs,
- salt & pepper to taste
- In a pan, heat the oil over medium flame.
- Saute the vegetables until crunchy. If you're going for frozen veggies, add a few minutes to the cooking time.
- Add the eggs, salt, and pepper to taste. Make sure to stir constantly to prevent the eggs from scrambling and burning.
- Remove the pan from the heat and serve the eggs as soon as the eggs have completely set.
Grilled Chicken Salad
Chicken could be your best friend when it comes to low-carb meals. It's high in a variety of nutrients and a good source of protein. If you're on a low-carb diet, higher fat pieces like wings and thighs may be a healthier choice.
- 3 skinned and diced medium ripe avocados
- 2 to 3 tbsp lime juice, freshly squeezed
- kosher salt, 1/2 to 1 teaspoon
- 1 sliced grilled chicken breast
- 1/2 cup cubed tomatoes, bell pepper
The procedure is as easy as it could get!
Mash avocados in a mixing dish until almost smooth. Add the lime juice and 12 tsp salt and mix well. Allow 10 minutes for the flavors to mix. If desired, add more lime juice and salt to the seasoning. Chicken, tomatoes, and your veggies go on top.
Lettuce is one of the least carbohydrate-dense veggies that we have been blessed with. A cup of lettuce (47 gms) includes 2 gms of carbohydrates, one of which is fiber (34). It may also be a good source of various vitamins, depending on the variety.
Dressings of choice. (I prefer a little bit of olive oil, salt, and pepper)
- To begin, wash all of the vegetables, cut them up, and toss them into a large salad bowl as you chop. Work your way through the ingredients in the recipe's order.
- Season to taste: There is no need to create salad dressing separately. In a bowl, drizzle the oils, white vinegar (if using), salt, and pepper over the vegetables.
- Toss lightly and only until everything is incorporated. Lettuce salad tastes finest when the delicate lettuce leaves aren't crushed and the juicy vegetables aren't leaking.
Serve: This lettuce salad should be served within 30-60 minutes of tossing. Lettuce leaves wilt quickly.
Chicken Bites with Garlic
For those who cannot get enough of the goodness of chicken, here’s one more low-carb meal for you. Skinless chicken is considered the best low-carb meal especially if you are trying to lose weight.
- chicken breasts, skinless, chopped into medium-sized portions
- 2 asparagus bunches, cleaned and chopped
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon of seasoning
- Optional: 1 tablespoon spicy sauce
- a half-cup (125ml) chicken broth with minimal sodium
- 1/2 lemon's juice
- Optional: crushed red chili pepper flakes
- Lemon slices as a garnish
Season the chicken with the following seasonings:
1 tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper
2 tsp powdered onion
- Season chicken breasts thoroughly after cutting them into cubes.
- blanch asparagus in boiling water while the chicken sits, so they cook faster in the pan.
- stir-fry the chicken bites until golden, then add the minced garlic and Italian seasoning and simmer until aromatic with the chicken bites.
- add the remaining butter, lemon juice, hot sauce, and parsley to the pan to caramelize it, then add the blanched asparagus and stir to finish cooking it. Return the chicken to the pan, reheat, and serve!
The bottom line:
Without a few easy and quick recipes (like above) you may feel lost! So, if you are up for embracing some healthy low-carb meals, this is a great place to start. Low-carb meals don’t have to be dull for your taste buds, you can always charm your meals with these simple and delectable recipes.
For the busy souls, check out delicut’s wide range of healthy dishes that are chef-cooked, gourmet-style dishes delivered to your doorstep.