Ideally, one is considered to be the most lonely number, but two can be tough as well – at least when it comes to cooking.
Dinner for two might mean too many leftovers and food weariness, whether you're wooing a crush, sharing with a roommate, or catching up with your bestie. These dishes are carefully portioned for two serves to save the day.
We understand that preparing a dinner for two can be extremely tricky! Firstly, it feels like a lot of work to prepare a healthy meal for just 2 people. Secondly, you never know how much is the right portion to make for two people as you don’t want too much ‘left over’ food.
Additionally, dinner is the last meal of the day, so you have to watch spice levels and portion size. Fats, sugars, and carbohydrates also should be limited in a healthy dinner. Doesn’t mean you have to deprive your taste buds of any joy.
So, here we are to your rescue. These are the favored dishes that can charm a table of two.
Chicken with Lime, Black Bean, and Rice
Because chicken is low in calories but high in protein, it may help you lose weight if that's one of your agendas. Clubbing well-cooked chicken with rice and black beans makes it a healthy choice for dinner. On top of this, black beans provide you with fiber, and protein, and are stomach filling.
- 2 thighs of chicken
- white rice, 1/2 cup (200 g)
- 1 tbs olive oil 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 can of black beans, drained
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced
- 10 g cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 lime
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- Season the chicken thighs on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Add the olive oil to a big pan and cook the chicken skin side down for about 5 minutes, or until golden brown. Cook for another 3 minutes after flipping the chicken.
- Remove the chicken and sauté the onions for 5 minutes, or until they are yellowish.
- Toast the rice for 3 minutes, stirring to coat it in the oil and onions.
- Place the chicken on top of the rice after adding the garlic and chicken stock. Bring to a boil, then reduce to low heat and cook for 25-30 minutes, or until the rice is ready.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and stir in the cilantro, black beans, and lime juice. Mix until completely combined.
- Serve the chicken over rice with cilantro on top.
The Ultimate Beef Ramen Noodle Bowl
If you are a ramen lover like me, then this beef ramen noodle bowl recipe is for you. We can go on about how beef (when eaten in the right proportions)can be extremely healthy for you, but here are the top reasons why you should enjoy some beef for dinner:
Beef is one of the most commonly eaten meats. It has an abundance of high-quality protein, vitamins, iron, and minerals. As a result, it has the potential to boost muscle growth and maintenance as well as exercise performance.
- 1 beefsteak boneless, cut 1 inch thick slice (1 pound)
- 1 tsp of pepper
- Your favorite flavored ramen noodles
- 2 tsp vegetable oil,
- 4 cups of water
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tbsp ginger (grated)
- Cut the steak in half lengthwise, then crosswise into 1/8 to 1/4-inch wide pieces. Add 1 ramen noodle package with beef and pepper.
- In a large nonstick pan, heat 1 teaspoon of oil over medium-high heat until hot. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes, or until the outer layer of the beef is no longer pink. Remove from the pan. Continue with the remaining 1 teaspoon of oil and the beef. Keep the pan heated for the next process.
- In the same pan, combine the water, onion, garlic, and ginger. Wait till it boils, then reduce to low heat and cook for 2 minutes. Now add the noodles. Bring the liquid to a boil, then reduce to low heat and cook until the noodles are medium done (it takes about 3 minutes).
- Add seasonings, and flavors as per your taste.
This one seems a little tricky and involves a lot of steps. But trust us, you will love us once you sleep with your heart and stomach full. But again, if you absolutely don’t have the energy to cook, Delicut will take over and deliver healthy dinner meals at your doorstep.
Portobello and Cheddar Melt with Kale
Sandwiches are innocent healthy meals that are healthy, light, and are a delight for your tastebuds. Not to mention the health benefits of a sandwich make it the most common choice for dinners.
One of the most popular mushrooms in the world is the portobello mushroom. Portobellos, like most other varieties of mushrooms, especially those classified as “medicinal mushrooms”, are recognized to be immune system protectors.
So now enough of meat here’s something on a lighter note:
This is how you create Portobello, Gouda, and Kale Pesto Grilled Cheese:
- 4 thick rustic bread pieces
- 2 Portobello mushrooms, tiny
- 4 oz. gouda cheese
- 1/2 cup pesto de kale
- Oil from olives
- Salt kosher
- Preheat the pan to high. Drizzle olive oil over the mushrooms and season with kosher salt. Cook for 4 minutes on each side, or until the mushroom is soft and tender. Remove the griddle from the heat and cut each mushroom into 4 or 5 slices.
- Spread the kale pesto on all four slices of bread, then layer the mushrooms on one side.
Top the sandwiches with the gouda cheese and the second piece of bread.
- Cook the sandwich over medium-high heat with a sufficient amount of olive oil until brown and crispy on both sides and the cheese has melted.
Cut in half and serve immediately!
Your table for two is set with my healthy recipes! Feel free to mix n match the ingredients and make sure you don’t deviate much from the healthy meals.